Tuesday 13 March 2012

Welcome!

Hello everybody!

My name is Alex Di Vito and I am an avid Sound Designer. Currently studying at Leeds Metropolitan University, I've been involved with several Sound Design projects as a student and plan to be involved with more as a professional!

The main project I'm working on at the moment is a game level for my final project. The focus (obviously) is on the use of sound and how this can affect the gameplay. The game is based around your typical 3D sneak mission style, but with a twist! You usually see a lot of these game use 3rd person view to see around them, in order to sneak past enemies and obstacles. However, with this game, you must LISTEN in order to know where to go! Everything down to the type of shoe you're wearing to the items you're carrying affects your sneak ability.

Anyhow, as this is a work in progress, I'll be posting milestones up here to show you my method and hopefully a well rounded finished product!

In the meantime, I'll post a few of the Sound Design projects I've done myself, as well as things I've done with a group. These videos are from the first couple of years and I'll leave the bigger ones for separate posts (just to explain them better!).











No comments:

Post a Comment