Friday 22 March 2013

Saffire Pro 40 + Pro Tools 10 = Drum Recording!

Look who's back! Bit of hiatus, I know. It's tough with the full time job unfortunately, but I am doing things I swear!!

One such thing I'm doing is investing in equipment and doing recordings of drums / music in general (which is what got me into sound and sound design to start off with). Two of these key investments are:

- Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
- Pro Tools 10 (!!)

These have enabled me to FINALLY do proper multi-track drum recordings, so I've done a video of one below, check it out! Details are discussed, but I've basically used the above bits to record it. And yes, the voice over at the start is just the mac microphone, I did it very quickly...


Let me know if you want me to go through any of the mixing aspects, I'll happily put some step-by-step videos together! And speaking of that, I will be revealing a bigger project I've been doing, regarding some properly live recordings we've done (as the band) that I've been mixing...

...More on that in a later post though. I PROMISE it won't be 3 months until that's out!

Thanks again for reading.

Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment