Wednesday 29 May 2013

Quick Update

Hello All!

Just a quick update to say that I'm not dead.

There's been a lot going on at home with refurbishing and moving around; I'm currently in a temporary bedroom that consists of a laid out futon and a small bedside table. However, sound moves onwards and I'm trying my best to keep up with it.

I've been working on a couple of things - first, I'm putting together some songs and will be purchasing a few bits and bobs to help me with recording and mixing. To name a couple:

- 2x Yamaha HS80M's - These babies have had a great range of reviews and I found a pair with stands for just under £420. They'll be going either side of my new desk and should help improve mixes drastically.
- 2x Rode NT2-A's - Both of these come with a shock mount and XLR cable, but one will have a reflection filter for that true vocal cancellation goodness.

The Rodes are a desperate purchase to get me in the large diaphragm realm (Yes, LONG overdue). The speakers I currently use are also embarassingly shody, so the Yamahas will really ground me for mixing (i.e. kick me in the face!).

Secondly, I've been putting ideas together for a simple audio-showcase game called 'The Room". It's works on a similar principal to Portal in it's story telling methods. I enjoy my humour, so hopefully it's going to be a laugh to play. It'll be heavy on dialogue from my side, so at this stage I'm writing the script as well as level design.

I hope this suffices for now, hopefully the room (my room that is) will be done in a couple weeks and I can get back to it.

Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment